To transfer your domain name to a new registrar or registrant:
- Obtain the authorization code (auth code) from the current sponsoring registrar of the domain name. Please consult the WHOIS search to find out who the sponsoring registrar is.
- After you receive your auth code, supply it to the registrar to whom you wish to transfer the domain name.
- The new registrar should then initiate the transfer. Once initiated, the transfer will be completed within five 24-hour periods.
- Public Interest Registry advises that you change your auth code after a transfer. You can do this through the new registrar.
- The registrant should update the contact information through the sponsoring registrar. Public Interest Registry cannot do this for you; you must do it through the registrar.