Reserved Names Policy
The following names are reserved from registration:
- All two-letter second-level names;
- Names of an inappropriate nature, e.g., adult-related terminology, as defined by PIR;
- Names required by ICANN to be reserved;
- Certain generic names defined by PIR that represent the NGO Community in a general manner.
- Names that PIR uses to support the registry, including:
- Names to support registry operations, e.g., directory.ngo/directory.ong;
- Names to support PIR’s NGO Community Advisory Council.
- Names reserved by PIR, in its discretion.
In the event a registrant attempts to register a reserved name, the registrant will receive a notice informing it that the domain name it is attempting to register has been reserved.