By Tony Connor, Marketing Operations Manager
It’s official – 12 individuals and organizations were named winners of the inaugural 2019 .ORG Impact Awards!
Last night, leaders from the philanthropic and Internet communities joined finalists at The Watergate Hotel in Washington, D.C. to experience the live announcement of the 2019 winners. Actor, philanthropist and children’s book author Taye Diggs also joined in on the fun and was named the 2019 .ORG Impact Awards Honoree for his dedication to the greater social good via charitable and community involvement with a multitude of .ORG community member organizations.
Congratulations to all the 2019 .ORG Impact Award winners, who truly represent how impactful our global .ORG community is!
Individual Awards honor the contribution of an individual to their organization or the broader sector and receive a $5,000 donation to the charitable organization of the winner’s choice:
- Innovator Award – Alicia Weston, founder of Bags of Taste (UK)
- Rising Star Award – Diane Diamantis, president and co-founder of Kelsey B Diamantis TS Scholarship Family Foundation Inc. (U.S.)
- Outstanding Volunteer – Zehra Abbas, president and co-founder of Studio 89 (Canada)
Sector Awards recognize organizational and team accomplishments and receive a $2,000 donation to the charitable organization of the winner’s choice:
- .ORG Non-profit of the Year – World Refugees School (U.S.)
- .ORG Community Group of the Year – Community Focus Group (Kenya)
Initiative Awards celebrate achievement in a specific online niche area and receive a $1,000 donation to the charitable organization of the winner’s choice:
- Best Integrated Communications Campaign – Skateistan, “Empowering Children Through Skateboarding and Education” (U.S. / Germany)
- Best Social Media Campaign – The Mayhew, “Mayhew Website Redesign” (UK)
- Best Use of Partnerships/Celebrity Endorsements – Kiva, “The Big Impact of Small Loans” (U.S.)
- Outstanding Multimedia Content – C Three Foundation, “C Three Foundation Multimedia Approach” (U.S.)
- Outstanding Online Fundraising Campaign – Teach For America, “Teach For America Alumni and Staff Challenge” (U.S.)
- Outstanding Website Redesign – The Mayhew, “Home Is Where Their Dog Is” (UK)
- Top #GivingTuesday Campaign – The City Mission, “Fund a Project That Would Change Your Community” (U.S.)
The .ORG Impact Awards is one of two new .ORG initiatives designed to educate, recognize and empower the global .ORG community. We’re beyond thrilled to highlight the achievements of the .ORG community on a global scale. To learn more about The .ORG Impact Awards, navigate over to www.orgimpactawards.org, and to see additional pictures from the gala follow #ORGimpactAwards through Facebook and Instagram.
Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!