Start Your PIR Career Here!
|Public Interest Registry is a global nonprofit organization created by the Internet Society to be an exemplary registry with responsibility for operating the .ORG Top Level Domain (TLD), one of the original three TLDs. As an advocate for collaboration, safety and security on the Internet, Public Interest Registry’s mission is to empower the global noncommercial community to use the Internet more effectively, and to participate with other Internet stakeholders on policy and other issues related to the registry’s role within the domain name system.|
We currently have the following career opportunity:
In the online world, the .ORG domain represents trust, integrity and a desire to impact the world for good. As one of the largest generic Top Level Domains, .ORG is trusted by millions of individuals and organizations to provide a safe and secure online presence. Public Internet Registry, the company behind .ORG, is seeking a part-time Paralegal. This is an exceptional opportunity for working parents or those re-entering the workforce looking for work/life balance.
The Paralegal reports to the Director of Legal Affairs and provides day-to-day support to the legal department through contract drafting and management. This role assists with records management, legal filings, and supports legal department operations and administration. Other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and assist in the processing of template agreements from initial drafting to finalization.
- Provide support to attorneys for drafting, redlining, and negotiating contracts.
- Assist with drafting and proofreading of legal correspondence, notices, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in interpreting contract language and responding to internal requests or questions related to contract content.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Team to manage contracts flowing through the contract management review process including changes in agreement, amendments, addenda, and version control.
- Assist with maintaining corporate records and records management.
- Assist with relevant filings with legal, oversight, and regulatory bodies, including with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Act as the liaison for internal teams concerning legal administration of the above matters.
- Support and participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of legal services.
- Provide general administrative assistance and project management.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by the General Counsel or Director of Legal Affairs.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Position works under general supervision of the Director of Legal Affairs.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent training in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Experience reviewing and drafting contract language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Detail-oriented, superior organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, taking initiative when appropriate.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute in both small and big ways is important.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work on confidential matters with discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe.
- Internal and External Contacts
This position regularly interfaces with all employees of Company as well as outside vendors, suppliers, and industry representatives.
For more information, and to apply, please click here.
We’re mission focused; our people make a difference to countless organizations around the globe daily. Join us and make a difference, too!
Our employees say it best…
“The best part of my job is the instant recognition I get within our industry as working for ‘one of the good guys’. Public Interest Registry has earned an enviable reputation across the domain name industry. Everybody respects us for walking our talk about operating in the public interest. It’s reaffirming to be part of this team.” – Paul Diaz, Vice President, Policy
“I’m grateful for what has been a great work-life balance. The work we do at PIR is so satisfying and important, but despite everything that needs to get done, I have found everyone to put a focus on family.” – Brian Cimbolic, Vice President, General Counsel
“I’m grateful for the chance to work in such a diverse global industry that really makes a difference in the world.” –Tony Connor, Director of Marketing
We offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits and making a difference while balancing work and life. Interested? We’d like to hear from you! Send your resume with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.